Class Action Lawsuits
Consumer claims are often well suited for litigation in a class action lawsuit. In many cases involving dishonest or unlawful business practices an individual lawsuit is not cost effective because the damages are small by legal standards. However, when a business has unlawfully imposed unlawful small charges upon hundreds or thousands of people, the cumulative damages can be quite substantial.
I have approved by State and Federal Courts to serve as counsel in class action lawsuits arising from claims such as:
- unlawful and abusive debt collection activities
- unlawful fees imposed by landlords
- unlawful security deposit claims by landlords
- unlawful repossession cases
A claim may be able to be litigated in a class action if it involves:
- an unlawful or deceptive provision in a form document such as a letter, notice, or contract
- an unlawful fee, forfeiture, or liquidated damage charge
- systematic unlawful behavior by a business such that a large group of customers all suffer the same harm.
If you are a consumer who feels that you’ve been the victim of unlawful or dishonest business practices, or if you are a lawyer who is seeking experienced class counsel to help with an existing case, please contact me so that we can explore how I may be able to help you.